How does music promotion get your music in touch with as many music editors, concert promoters, playlist-curators and music fans as possible?
Music promotion needs good contacts
Promotion needs the right contacts. It starts with the people responsible for music at classical media. Like radio, TV, newspapers and magazines. Then the big online portals. Here especially the big music- and genre-magazines. But also city pages, city guides, online radios and blogs. Additionally you need all the right contacts at concert- and festival promotion companies as well as to clubs and partys. And with growing importance: the big streaming media playlists, first of all Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music. And finally the most popular playlists on Youtube as well as the social media pages, groups and microblogs on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Music promotion needs a good understanding
Label promotion also needs a good understanding for the editor, promoter, curator, DJ and their audience. Meaning the knowledge of who might like what kind of music and how to make the contact as pleasant as possible for someone who gets pelted with many songs every day.
Music promotion means genre, focus, format
- First of all a good feeling for the musical genre that fits the medium, playlist, the event or the party
- then a focus on a good song that you can imagine to be part of the program
- a short, structured and simple presentation of previous successes
- then the provision of all information relevant to the recipient
- for radio a label-copy with all important broadcasting data
- also a link to an audio file in broadcasting quality like 320k/bit mp3 with an embedded ISRC-code and a label code
- and then a topical and local connection
- and finally why this song is especially interesting for this program and its listeners
promotion with the Music Promotion Tool
The Music Promotion Tool provides artists with the most important elements for a successful music promotion.
- With more than 11.500 music promotion contacts both updated daily and edited in terms of data protectection law
- namely at all important radio stations, tv-stations, newspapers and magazines and online portals. Also at concert- festival- and party- promoters, the big streaming media services as well as Facebook pages, groups and Twitter blogs
- Every entry is assigned to a musical genre
- Sampling is easy and direct
- For each recipient category there is a template that relates to their needs
- mail-messages you can monitor with Email Real Time Monitoring: received (blue envelope), read (yellow envelope), listened to (green envelope)
- Responses are well documented and entries get qualified
- That way you wil build your own quality music promotion network